|Density (near r.t)||:||9.78 g/cm3|
- Bismuth is a high-density, silvery, pink-tinged metal. Bismuth metal is brittle and so it is usually mixed with other metals to make it useful.
- Bismuth is crystalline, brittle, metal, Lying on the right side of the periodic table, bismuth is the most naturally diamagnetic metal.
- It also has a high electrical resistance.
- Its thermal conductivity is lower than nay metal, except mercury. Bismuth also has the unusual property that (like water) it expands as it freezes.
- Cosmetics and pigments
- Replacement of lead
- Low melting solders
- Fusible alloys
- Soldering, thermocouple materials and magnetic memory devices.