|Melting point||:||1,907 °C|
|Density (near r.t)||:||7.19g/cm3|
- Chromium is a steely-grey, lustrous, hard and brittle transition metal.
- Chromium is unstable in oxygen, it immediately produces a thin oxide layer that is impermeable to oxygen
- Chromium is a chemical element with the symbol Cr and atomic number 24.
- It is the first element in group 6.
- Chromium is the main additive in stainless steel, to which it adds anti-corrosive properties.
- In metal ceramics
- In chrome plating
- As dyes and paints
- To produce synthetic rubies
- In metallurgy to provide corrosion resistance and a shiny finish