|Density (near r.t)||:||2.3290 g/cm3|
Size: 10- 100MM
- Silicon is a hard, relatively inert metalloid and in crystalline form is very brittle with a marked metallic luster.
- Silicon occurs mainly in nature as the oxide and as silicates. The solid form of silicon does not react with oxygen, water and most acids.
- In making car brakes, car clutches, ceramic plates in bullet proof vests
- High-purity silicon metal is used by many industries as alloying elements.
- In the chemical industry it is used for producing silicon compounds as well as silicon wafers used in photovoltaic solar cells and electronic semiconductors.