|Density (near r.t)||:||2.64g/cm3|
|Calcium (Ca)||0.2% Max|
|Aluminum (Al)||0.1% Max|
|Iron (Fe)||0.015% Max|
|Silicon (Si)||0.10% Max|
|Sodium (Na)||0.10% Max|
- Strontium is a soft, silver-yellow, alkaline-earth metal.
- Strontium reacts vigorously with water and quickly tarnishes in air, so it must be stored out of contact with air and water.
- The metal forms a dark oxide layer when it is exposed to air.
- Strontium is best known for the brilliant reds its salts give to fireworks and flares.
- It is also used in producing ferrite magnets and refining zinc.