|Density (near r.t)||:||7.265g/cm3|
- Tin is a soft, pliable, silvery-white metal.
- Tin is not easily oxidized and resists corrosion because it is protected by an oxide film.
- Tin resists corrosion from distilled sea and soft tap water, and can be attacked by strong acids, alkalis and acid salts.
- Tin is a silvery metal that characteristically has a faint yellow hue.
- Alloying element of other structural material.
- Collapsible tubes, block tin products and pewter
- Alloying, coatings and powder applications
- Coating steel cans
- Solder for joining pipes or electric circuits.
Tin compounds are used in making toothpastes, gas sensors and ceramics. Alloys of tin are used as super conducting magnets